P⚫️T H⚫️LES



Like a dream
Like a nightmare 
Like a beam

No one sees through You
Your pulse exposes You
And life pulls hard at You
But who presupposes?

Like a glitch
Like a stitch 
Like a hitch

Fragments that don’t 
make sense. yes
Pieces that only 
unmake you each time 

Like the ball
Like the balloon
Like the round 

It’s one thing to dream
yet another to think
It’s these things 
that make life tick 

Like ripe fruit
Like mint leaves
Like parsley 

Wash me !! Wash me!!
Use vinegar ! Use salt!!
Dry me !! Dry me!!

Like a meal 

Make me a pot whole 
Yes ! Not a pot hole 


                             Written by Evelyn Asare ( Evelyn The Piper)                      

                                           ©️evelynasare2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Over do

JEWEL, a poem based on Wole Soyinka’s «The Lion And The Jewel »

SHOULD MARIJUANA BE LEGALISED IN GHANA?