It was time to LEAVE

A dream left 
Is dream wept

Talk talk talk
Yet a mixture 
Of hurt and deceit 
The mail man’s words

Today I tell you a story
The story of Reality 

One day I saw a man
Fall from a tree 
Initially, he climbed up
Tactically and skillfully 

I admired his courage 
I wanted to be him

Then it happened 
Suddenly 
Like lightening 
He was down 

Right before my eyes 
I beheld the fall of a man

A man I wanted to be 
A man I admired
I thought of this hero
forgetting his plight

In pain he grinned 
Struggling to get up 
He was pinned
Too stuck to stand up

I extended my hand 
I wanted to help 

Then the shock
He stared 
And grabbed 
Like a padlock

Pulling me 
to the ground 

There! That’s it
Our world 
I was only trying to help 
But he pulled me down!

C’est mal d’aider quelqu’un?
Est-ce que c’était ma faute? 

Those are the questions 
But in these reflections 
I saw a greater light
Picking myself up 

Il est l’heure de partir!
Exonérer moi-même!

The one I admired 
The one I chose to help
It was time to leave
It was time to leave 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Over do

JEWEL, a poem based on Wole Soyinka’s «The Lion And The Jewel »

SHOULD MARIJUANA BE LEGALISED IN GHANA?