Nananom

Nananom.....Nananom Nananom

Yoo Maate Maate mekasa!
I hear the voice of a great ancestor!
A great  ancestor!

Calling and screaming
the northern coast
more specifically the coast
West of Egypt
that was Africa in ancient
times

the late 19th and 20th century
European colonization, a rapid development
Scramble of Africa

Yes! yes! I hear! ...
Oui! Je vous entends! ...
Indépendance, Independence, Indépendance !

Then Gun shots
weeping, wails, death hm!
celebration of death
juiced blood

The second world war!
Decolonization
1960, Year of Africa

Africa a blessing
But there are the
cursed ones
the clueless

OMG I'm I really here
here
What's happening

You are in Africa
Mountain Kilimanjaro
Mountain Kenya
Mountain Stanley
Mountain Elgon

Welcome I am
your tourist guide
You are blessed
to be here

Where Politics is like
a divine mine

The home of economic
emergencies
Yet some pockets
are still shiny

Black skinned
from within
Wonderful Streets
Wonderful cities
Magnificent buildings

The home of
Peace,tranquillity

Immune War
Intense treasure
My dearest tourist

The Spirits are
calling me...
Nana nana. ...Nananom
She's not one of us!

Yes! yes! d'accord

OK my dear
my services
to you are
over

Even so,
I am withering
away
Slowly

Only if my
Youths will
Arise
Stand up
and revive me.

You are really
honoured to meet me
Monsieur/Madame Afrique
Do I really have a gender
No! I am for all

So this is the task
I give you all

LOVE YOUR NATION
LOVE AFRICA
PROMOTE PEACE !

Don't forget
N'oubliez pas
NANANOM

AFRICA IS NANANOM
NANANOM IS AFRICA
                         by Evelyn Asare
                              Evelyn the Piper

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Over do

JEWEL, a poem based on Wole Soyinka’s «The Lion And The Jewel »

SHOULD MARIJUANA BE LEGALISED IN GHANA?