WOMAN



Life puts us en route
We dream 
We fail
We rise

The strengths of life 
The visitors 
The pains

It's a vision in itself

A whole 
A part
One goal

To be ruled 
Ruler or King

Maybe kings can tell
Maybe love would bind

But what happened to my 
dreams

My visions
Aspirations

What happens to
me ALONE
My decisions
My choices

I am WOMAN

Wholly
Only
Mainly
Angrily
Naughty

Rhythm matters not
Meaning matters all

Is it Conflict or Confusion?
that choosing is compulsory...
When succeeding it's preparation
When failing, it's preparation

What then is to be chosen,
Failure or Success?

The path of success
Wisdom,Knowledge,Power,
Marriage

The path of failure
Stationary, Marriage, Manipulation

But all paths bring 
Confusion
The worry of succeeding
The worry of failing

My name is woman
I always get confused
between chasing wisdom
and chasing marriage

The ancient knew
they said that I belong 
to the kitchen

but I felt hopeless

Then the modern 
seeming to agree
with my chasing Wisdom

Pounce on me when 
I expose my self
acquired Wisdom

And then I wonder
Looking around to find out
Watching Closely
Asking the lot

What went wrong?

And just as expected
The same old answer
'a WOMAN's place is in the kitchen'

I just lose control
For fear

The fear of not getting a
husband
The fear of being a
slave to a husband

In all this conflict,
I choose to be silent

Isn't it time that
WOMAN
gains wisdom and the kitchen

not getting enslaved
not branded 'too know'

The fact that WOMAN
chooses to have a Degree,
a Master's Degree or a Doctorate
doesn't say 'TOO KNOW'

Rather it says 'humility,knowledge, power, Wisdom

My name is WOMAN

I may not be your
perfect cook or your 
perfect wife
but do not enslave me

Do not hurt me
nor my emotions
Do not expect me 
to service you
totally

For I have a nation to 
serve
a nation to build
and a dream to achieve
as well

I do solemnly plead with you all who look at me

I plead with you
Je vous supplie
Ich bitte sie
Te ruego que
Mikpafai 
Meideikukunami
Me pa wo kyeew

don't undermine my feminism
appreciate,help me build and fulfill my 
destiny

My name is WOMAN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Over do

JEWEL, a poem based on Wole Soyinka’s «The Lion And The Jewel »

SHOULD MARIJUANA BE LEGALISED IN GHANA?