When I met my valentine


I was a lonely lady
I was very quiet
I was extremely ignorant

Probably, I was fortunate
Probably not fortunate
Probably, something was missing
Probably, I was drained

And the season changed
And the time changed
And the month changed
And the year changed

Mother thought I was failing
Father thought I was succeeding
People thought I was naive
I thought I was scared

But then I was stranded
But I was stuck
But I was drowning in the pool
But I thought I was going to die

Till valentine came
Till my romeo came
Till my peace came
Till my sorrow came

Valentine seemed cordial
Valentine seemed happy
Valentine pulled me
Valentine saved me

I was  energetic
I was happy
I was  beauty
I was fulfilled

I had overcome
I had won
I had confused mother and father
I had fallen in love with  valentine

I was a stagnant woman
I was fierce
I was dreaming of independent
I was seeking loneliness
BUT
When I met my valentine life was the sweetest thing I ever knew!
                       by Evelyn Asare

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Over do

JEWEL, a poem based on Wole Soyinka’s «The Lion And The Jewel »

SHOULD MARIJUANA BE LEGALISED IN GHANA?