The Pointer



I saw
I walked
I watched

My dreams anticipated  My visions procrastinated
Seeming virtually emancipated

Yet we sat
Reminisce and watch
How far?  How long?

We hope
We wish

Nothing was certain
We came free
by the ancient life

"GHANA MY BELOVED COUNTRY IS FREE FOREVER"

Our leaders made way
They set the pace

Are we to continue?
Are we to wait?

Friction exist
And yet movement
Takes place

A reverse of the normal
As the awkward
Takes hold advantage

Do we wait on advancement?
Creation of persecution?
Formulation of Accusations?
Promotion of Chaos?
Enhancement of feuds?
Provision of War?

NONE
No way!

A peaceful mind
Progress
A chaotic mind
loss

I ask you for PEACE!
                              by Evelyn Asare

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Over do

JEWEL, a poem based on Wole Soyinka’s «The Lion And The Jewel »

SHOULD MARIJUANA BE LEGALISED IN GHANA?